The Suzanne Rogers Fashion Institute is a fellowship program designed to promote, educate and invest in third and fourth year Fashion Design students to elevate their creative potential and national and international success. The institute comes from a generous $1M donation from The Edward and Suzanne Rogers Foundation and aims to invest in Canadian talent.
Beginning of 2017, six students will be chosen annually to become fellows of the SRFI, through an application process. Talented, enthusiastic and unique, these students will receieve support from the institute through a variety of benefits that include:
- Exclusive Master Classes led by national and international fashion experts
- Exclusive mentorship by the School of Fashion’s Distinguished Designer-in-Residence
- Funding toward national and international competitions
- Exclusive networking opportunities
- Featured content on the institute’s website and social media platforms
Fellows of the SFRI will also be eligible for:
- Undergraduate student awards
- Paid work placements, internships, and apprenticeships
- Graduate student awards for international study
- Funding to support active participation in international fashion weeks and other opportunities
Details of the application and selection process will be released February 2017.
For more information about the institute, visit www.srfi.ca