Here is a link to the FSN 402 Internship course outline for information on course requirements, assessments, policies and general information.
Visit Ryerson University's Student Code of Conduct, Policy 61, to understand your responsibilities while representing Ryerson University at an internship position.
Internships that provide allowances, honorariums, reimbursements of expenses and/or stipends are all classified as unpaid internships.
- Visit the FITS Student User Guide for information on how to set-up your account, pre-approval, student response and employer response.
- Contact Matt Tobin, Technician if you have any trouble accessing FITS
- Access your Fashion Internship Tracking System (FITS) to document your required 400 hours of work experience between first and fourth year.
- Prior to beginning an internship, students must complete and submit the Liability Waiver and Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB) Forms to their Program Directors (listed above) via email.
- Complete and submit the Liability Waiver that is an official legal document outlining students acknowledge they are responsible for their safety while at their internship.
- Complete and submit the WSIB Forms: (1) Declaration of Understanding that students understand they are eligible for WSIB coverage while on placements that are required by their program of study; and (2) Letter to Placement Employers that outlines employers are responsible to immediately report any workplace injuries or disease to the student's university.
- Refer to the Internship Checklist to ensure that all requirements are fulfilled for the course and graduation.
In the event of an emergency, students should contact the Chair, School of Fashion immediately.
Dr. Ben Barry
40 Gould Street, Kerr Hall South (KHS 243J)
Toronto, Ontario M5B 2K3
Tel: (416) 979-5000 Ext. 6440